Share it Please
Love dangler/chandelier earrings but find it too difficult/expensive to make them?. Either you need to buy frames which are costed by piece and hence costly or you need to be a pro at wire work to get individual piece work as a pair. Either way I see too much work. But what if we could make a pair in 5 minutes without spending anything?
Here's what you need to do.Gather these materials (they are already in your stash) :
- 2 safety pins (same size )
- extension chain (as required - I used 5 loops on each side)
- 3 pairs of beads (I used fuzz beads in green and blue)
- 6 headpins (in the same metal as the safety pin)
- 2 earring hooks
- Pliers (chain/nose or round)
- Cut the heads off from the pins. Trim the edges to make sure they are equal.
- Open the pin out to 2'O clock
- Using your pliers now make a small loop on either hand facing outside
(my loops are not great this time, but you can make them better)
- Repeat the steps for the other pin
- Using pliers, add the earring hooks to the top loop of the safety pins
- Measure and cut the extension chain into 2 pieces of required length
- Add the chain to the top loop of the safety pins as show in the picture by open and closing one of the loops of the chain
- Add Fuzz beads (or nay other bead/pearl of your choice) to the head pins
- Loop and cut the wire close to the beads (you can wrap around if you want. I kept it simple as it is a beginner project)
- I Added the beads to the base before closing the loops to avoid doing it twice
- So here you go...its done in less than 5 minutes
Wear them and enjoy them. You can make then with gold safety pins and pearls and make them classy or steel pins and fuzz balls like these for a grassy summery effect. Try them in girly florals colours too.