Halloween pumpkin Hairclip and Pumpkin face key ringMaterials
1. Orange leather (sheep) or any non leather/resin material
2. black marker
3. red orange marker
4. green glitter paints or liners
5. Scissors & glue
6. barrets (to make hairclips) or key rings with chain
Make Carved Halloween pumpkin faces
1. On a piece of leather draw a pumpkin with a marker. Add features. I just drew it but you can use a template (make one out of cereal boxes) incase you plan to make lots
#Tip 1: To Draw out faces on pumpkins use this cool free graphic or simply use your imagination
2. I used green glitter (3D) on the stem as I wanted a little bling.
3. Cut it out. Your carved pumpkin faces are now ready
To make Hairclips
Glue on a barret at the back and cover with the piece of leather that has a slit for the clip to pass through.
Once dry, your clips are ready to wear or gift
To make Keyrings
a. poke a small hole on the pumpkin face and connect it to a store bought key ring with a jumpring
#Tip2: You can make your own key rings by adding a jump ring chain to a sturdy split ring (you can get them at hobby or hardware stores)
Tada your simple party favours are ready, If you follow an assembly line system you will be surprised at how fast these go. You can easily make a whole bag or favors in one afternoon and its really inexpensive. Its a great way to use up leftover bits of leather.
I wanted to post this long back but I got really caught up in Navaratri celebrations
I hope you find it interesting and Have a happy Hallowen
Do check out these other Halloween DIYs too
Bats & pumpkins necklace
Resin goodies for halloween