While on that thought, why not make a scarf necklace. After all it takes it a little silk/chiffon scarf and some bling to make one.
Okay this isnt a step by step tutorial with pictures as I made the necklace in 5 minutes and it got sold immediately...!!
- A scarf or fabric
- metallic roller
- Silver chain
- needle and thread- glue (fabric and quick stick)
Here is the process.
1) Take a quarter meter length, standard width fabric or a pre-made scarf.
2) I had made my scarf long back by using a quarter meter fabric and by doing peco (rolled hem) on the edges
3) On a metallic roller (barrerl), you can get one from a hardware store, I applied a line of swarovski crystal strip (clear) using glue. I did this as a part of another project and didn't use so it had the good part of a week to dry
4) first decide how long you want your necklace to be. Make a big knot on one side leaving fabric to go through the barrel plus extra
5) push the barrel inside.
6) on the other side knot close to the barrel leaving only 1/2" excess.
7) pulling on both ends, back stitch or hem firmly to keep the knots and barrel in place.
8) tuck in the stitched portion into the barrel once finished. cut of the thread and seal with fray check or fabric glue.
9) Since my barrel had slots, I used it to take my needle forward and backward just to tuck the fabric in the middle. But this step is not necessary.10) I then decorated the knots with bits of chain and it was done.
I liked the fluffly look of the scarf on one side, so I didnt machine stitch the edges together. You could do it if you like a more tubular look. You could also add buttons, beads and chains as embellishment instead of the swarovski
I hope you foud it interesting...Until next time..